Transition to Secondary College
Throughout Level 6 all students work towards becoming independent and organised in readiness for secondary school. We link with local secondary schools and organisations to provide transition sessions. The sessions look at what to expect in secondary school, give students a voice and a chance to ask questions.
At home, you can help your child:
- by ensuring they know the importance of adequate sleep and nutrition
- to build a good homework routine
- to plan their journey to and from secondary school, which may include public transport
- to be positive and encourage conversation
- to use their organisational skills and take responsibility for their own belongings
- to be responsible in using social media and manage their screen time
- by continuing to encourage regular reading
All students and their families are involved in the transition process. The process of applying for secondary school starts in April and is finalised by September. All government secondary schools have an Orientation Day in early December.