On the 25th of July, the grade 6 students participated in an exciting workshop with published author, Ander Louis. They worked all day on their stories which will be compiled and published as a book of short stories towards the end of the year.
Being an Author – Ander Louis, as interviewed by Nathanael L
What inspires you to write?
A picture of a boat floating in the air gave me the idea for a Duet for Swans. I learned about military elephants and thought that is was a good idea for a fantasy story.
How do you feel about being an author?
It is hard work but when you finish writing, it is worth it.
Who is your favourite author?
What is your favourite book?
The Harry Potter series.
Do you have any tips for writers?
- Plan your whole story before you start
- Know how your story ends before you start
- A writer sometimes needs to be disciplined, rather than inspired
- It is easier to start a story than to end one, but half a story doesn’t make you an author
- Remember the reader, because you are writing for their benefit